The Dutch telecom regulator, ACM, has tightened the rules regarding the usage of Dutch 090x- & 18xy-numbers.
The following new rules and regulation are implemented in The Netherlands :
- From now on all content providers will be obliged to announce their identity and kind of service offered (for example at the start of a call via a voice file). This information must also be provided in all communication of the premium rate number.
- In case a permit is needed to offer a certain service, the permit MUST be available at the moment of applying for numbering resources at ACM.
- In case a service is being offered that forwards the call* (for example to helpdesk or other companies) while using a pay-per-minute end-user rate, the content will be seen as a service which increases the call duration unnecessarily. Such services may not be offered on a regular 0900/0909-number anymore and should be offered on a 0906-number now.
If the above mentioned service is being offered on a pay-per-call end-user rate it will not be considered to unnecessarily increasing the call duration and in such cases the service is permitted to be offered on a 0900/0909-number.
Furthermore the caller must be informed about the call forwarding including the end-user rate after the forwarding and the fact that the content provider offers a call-forwarding service.
ACM emphasizes that rules regarding lengthening of a call are not applicable for 0906- and 18xy-numbers, only for the prefixes 0900- and 0909.
* Callthrough services, services which forward calls without any significant time delay, are not considered to unnecessarily increase call duration.
- Premium rate numbers that are solely reachable to be used to create a payment via a pay-per-minute end-user rate are considered to unnecessarily increase call duration and may not be offered on a 0900/0909-number anymore and should be offered on a 0906-number.
More information can be found at the website of ACM (in Dutch only!) : https://www.acm.nl/nl/publicaties/acm-waarschuwt-aanbieders-van-informatienummers
If you require further information on this subject please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to assist you regarding this matter: info(at)telequest.at
Although this information has been compiled with extraordinary diligence, telequest & Internet Solutions GmbH assumes no liability for their up-to-dateness, completeness and correctness.
The customer is in spite of handing out this information obligated to gather all necessary information about the legal and regulatory provisions and the Code of Conduct of the particular country himself.